Important information for guests booked on our Highlander services
Unfortunately there has been a delay in the introduction of our brand new trains and therefore our service will be operated with our current fleet of trains. We recognise this might be disappointing to you and we apologise for this. Rest assured you will still experience our excellent levels of service and hospitality on board our current fleet of trains.
Our decision to put back the introduction by a few weeks has been taken to allow CAF, the manufacturer, to complete the further work required on the carriages to ensure that they are fit for purpose to be accepted into service. This is intended to ensure that when they do enter service our guests have the best possible experience. We will be confirming a new date for introducing our new trains on our Highland routes as soon as possible.
If you still want to travel with us on your original booking date, you do not need to do anything. Your booking will be automatically updated to an alternative accommodation type for your own use on our current trains, and the tickets you have remain valid for your journey. You do not require replacement tickets.
- Caledonian Double: Your reservation will be automatically transferred to a room(s) on our current train. We will automatically refund you half of what you have paid plus £20 per room.
- Club Room: Your reservation will be automatically transferred to a room(s) on our current train. We will automatically refund you one third of what you have paid plus £20 per room.
- Classic Room: Your reservation will be automatically transferred to a room on our current train. We will automatically refund you £20 per room.
- Seats: Your reservation will be automatically transferred to a seat(s) on our current train.
- Flexipass: Your reservation will be automatically transferred to a Classic room(s) on our current train. We will automatically refund you £20 per room already booked for travel in this period.
If you have booked a room for Solo use, this will not change.
Any refunds will be paid back in the method in which you made the original booking. Please note, this requires an unavoidable manual process in our back office system and as such, may take up to 28 days to process. We apologise for this delay but assure you we will complete your refund as quickly as we can. Once processed, the refund will take 3-5 days to appear in your bank account or on your card.
Please be aware all rooms will be configured with both beds made up. However Caledonian Double, Club and Flexipass guests will still receive the First Class amenities that their ticket offers, including complimentary breakfast, Arran toiletries, First Class Lounge access and priority access to the Lounge Car.
You can find out more about our current trains here.
However, we understand if you wish to change or cancel your journey with us. If this is the case, we have options available:
1) You can cancel your booking and we will give you a full refund, even if you did not book a flexible ticket.
2) We can re-book you on to a service when our new trains are in operation. Again, this option is available for holders of both fixed and flexible tickets.
3) Flexipass holders should cancel their journey(s) via your online account.
If you choose either option 1 or 2 above, then please email us at email@example.com as soon as you can and we will be in touch.
As you can imagine our Guest Ambassadors in Inverness are dealing with a significant volume of correspondence right now. We have increased our staffing levels to deal with guest enquiries at this busy time but you may still experience a wait to get through on the phone. We please ask that unless your enquiry is urgent that you contact us via email and we will come back to you as quickly as we can. We do appreciate your patience at this time.
Thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you on board.